Friday, August 27, 2010

Felt flowers...a tutorial!

This month's kit has some wonderful felt pieces to work with and I thought I would share how to make these really pretty felt flowers with you. They make great embellishments, you can stack them, make them any size you want, and they are super easy. You will need your felt, some thread or floss, and a scissors!


First cut your felt into a strip. The wider the strip the larger the flower. The longer the strip the "fuller" the flower!


Hand stitch the felt along one side.



When done....just pull and the flower will appear!



Now just sew the two ends together on the wrong side of the flower and that's it! You can leave them single and add a button or you could stack them and add a fun center to your flower!



I hope that inspires you to make your own fabric flowers with your kit!!






















4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for sharing this with us...I just adore the flowers!!!

ckmom78 said...

soo fun..thx!

meganklauer said...

Awesome Shelley! Thank you!

Kathy Carr said...

I have my kit and can't wait to try this!