Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Card Day with Bree!

Are you guys snowed in like we are in AB, Canada?
I haven't left the house for 4 whole days, but I'm loving it.
It gives me some free time to do what I love best, make cards & scrap!

And this month's kit made it soo easy.
I thought I would switch it up a bit,
Still focusing on cards, but with a little twist.
For all you card makers out there
( or scrappers, you're definitely included)
I made this....

A Birthday Journal.
I have always wanted one, but have never had the chance.
Thanks to an amazing kit (with those darling little month labels)
and some snowy weather,
I was able to create one.


What's a Birthday Journal?
It's kind of like a Calendar without the years and days of the week.
It is a "who-has-a-birthday-when?- and-plan-ahead-card-making-tool"

It's where you list the birthday, with the date, under the coinciding Month.

This handy dandy little mini will allow me to make my cards in advance,
for the people I love and care about.

I don't usually make birthday cards in advance,
because I want them to be personal.
I'm not really a generic card maker...
I like to add special things for the special people that will receive it.

So instated of making them last minute,
(you know, after the presents wrapped,
you're about to walk out the door, and you realize you forgot a card.
You know the fancy handmade card
everyone has come to expect
because they know you are a paper crafter?)

In 2011 ... I WILL BE PREPARED!
New years Resolution #524

I will show up at the door,
with a handmade gift,
(New Years resolution #325)

And I will be able to present my gift
with a well designed,
gorgeous card, with all the personal touches,
made especially for that special someone.

Thanks to my little Birthday Journal.

Now if I can only find the time to fill it in....

Bree


3 comments:

meganklauer said...

So very cool Bree! I always look forward to your card days! Love that you do them here!

Jill said...

Very cool idea!

Shelley Haganman said...

This is a great project Bree!