Monday, November 2, 2009

Let's pretend it is the first! :)

OK, so in honor of our purpose to begin with, we are leaving the challenge WIDE OPEN!

Submit a layout that you REALLY journaled... not just a one liner, but REALLY told the story!
That's it!


That is what we want you to do for this challenge!


The Story Matters getting on track-take three!

We are going back to every other week.


We will feature most alternating weeks, something highlighting JOURNALING.
Some will be easy, some maybe even be digital. We'll see.
Either way, we want to stay on task... telling the story.
So we are getting back on track... or trying.

Also, if you are interested in TSM Design Team, drop me an email at pennyscrapbooks@aol.com

I have a couple talented designers I refuse to let go, but instead have on break. :)

So I could use some extra help around here!! :)


Over the next couple of days, I will be adding designer layouts that feature journaling...

From me... This layout is a perfect example of why I want to tell my OWN stories. This layout was very raw... people that read it felt almost as if they were reading something TOO personal about me. (It was displayed at the store I work at... the layout focuses on the journaling, and no the photo. Adopting our daughter was the hardest thing I ever had to do, in ways I never would have guessed. Though I don't ever want her to be sad reading, I wanted to tell the story. I don't know at this exact moment where this layout is, so I can type out eh journaling. And I may not want to share it with the world of nternet anyway... but the point is, tell the story. I see this and I think to look up Psalms 62:2 again, and I am right back to when I wrote it AND I am also reminded how long I have COME from that moment in time.

So tell your story. The one that is the most benefited from it MIGHT just be you!


From Angela... (Did you know Angela was in Scrapbook Etc. just this last issue? You are sure to see Angela more and more! She is UBER talented!! :)
And not all that into tooting her own horn... so I will toot for her!! :)

Don't forget the sentiment, and the thoughts that float through your head when you see a picture. This on it 's own is a sweet picture, but how you felt and thought when you saw or took it is important...

"from a young age you had a very strong grip and Daddy's finger was your favorite anchor. I hope, baby Maia, that as you grow, live and learn, that you're never afraid to reach for your Father's hand. Dec 07"

OK, spread the word! Let's give it one more go!! Challenge blogs are droppin' like flies!
We could use a shot in the arm.
No matter where the industry goes, telling our stories is STILL very important!

No one I know, do I want your layouts to be discarded... tell the stories, so that the generations to come know who you were, what you felt, what was important to you, how you dealt, how you lived...

2 comments:

Irit Shalom said...

HI - AND HERE IS MY LO WITH THE STORY- IT'S UNDER THE PHOTO IN THE GALLERY- SO PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ
HERE IS MY LO

Tiffany said...

Hi!

Here's my submission. It's the first layout in the post.

http://tiffany-online.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekly-scrapz_10.html

Tiffany