Cardstock or Patterned paper
Wet Glue (I prefer Beacon Zip Dry or Fabri Tac)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Powder
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Heat Emobss Tool
- Cut a strip of cardstock 2 – 2.5 inches wide…the length (and less so the width) of the strip will determine the diameter of the flower…I generally use a 12 inch long strip. If you cut the strip too wide, forming the flower becomes difficult. 1 strip will form 2 flowers.
- Ink the paper strip using the distress ink. Apply the Distress powder and emboss. When cool, remove the ‘excess’ embossing powder by rubbing with your fingers.
- Cut the strip in half using a decorative edge strip cutter on the Xyron Creatopia. You can use your paper trimmer for a straight edge.
- Run the strips through the paper crimper. Fold the strip accordion style on every other ‘crimped’ edge.
- Attach the two outside edges with wet glue or Terrifically Tacky Tape to form a ring.
- Punch 2 circles from cardstock. For this size flower, I use a 2 inch circle punch.
- Apply a generous amount of wet glue to the outside edge of one of the punched circles. Flip one edge (the straight edge) of the folded paper ring into the center of the ring and place the flattened ring onto the glue on the punched circle. Place a weight on top and let the glue dry.
Place face down on the flattened ring. Place a weight on top and let the glue dry
9. Embellish your pinwheel flower as desired! Embellish your pinwheel flower as desired!
Finished Layout (so you don't have to scroll down! :) )
Thanks Angela! This was fabulous!
Now go stop by Angela's blog and say "hey"! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
And remember! Subscriptions available NOW, and the March Kit available for shipping and pick-up on March 5th!!!
Full layouts from the designers will be posted on the 5th also!!